evening strolls

Ever since Adelaide was very little we've taken her out in the evenings for a bedtime stroll - this really seems to help her fall asleep and is always a nice way to wind down the day together. And we always find lots of treasures along the way - perhaps some pretty pebbles, or pinecones, or yummy berries to eat.

The other evening Adelaide found herself a little snail and she fell in love. She picked him up carefully, examined him from every angle, and then, inspiration struck! She ran to her buggy, carefully tucked the tiny snail inside, and strapped and buckled him in. And then she attempted to push him all the way home. Her baby.

I have been attempting to get more exercise. I am struggling with this as every spare moment I have, I work. So on our evening walks - and any other time - I try to move even a little bit more. I run and run after Adelaide, lift and spin her all around and around, and try to show her all about jumping jacks. Over and over again...

I realise that my small efforts aren't doing incredibly much for my overall health, and I must look like such a fool! However, I have discovered a really great benefit to these energetic bursts - I have been sleeping so much better!

finding friends by you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment