Addie's list

Lately, Adelaide and I have had a lot of time to lie around together and make plans.

One of our many plans is to try and hand-make all of our gifts from now on. And so together we've been spending a lot of time planning and plotting our christmas presents. What could we make for - - - ? What about - - - - ? We've been scouring children's craft books and googling for more ideas, trying to figure out just what we could make for our presents.

So far, we've yet to actually take any action on this - but the planning is quite fun! Adelaide adores this type of conversation so much. She really gets so excited about it all, and never seems to tire of the subject.

The other evening when I said we should make some lists, she ran to the art room and came back with a random sheet of cardboard, so that she could write her own list. While I was jotting down on my paper, she began her own, asking me how to spell each name that came to her. (Her printing is getting quite good, but still needs help with a some letters - such as M and R and S.)

What I found interesting is that while I wrote our a list made up of people - relatives, neighbours, and friends - Adelaide's list was composed only and entirely pets!

I love it and I think that I will keep it forever. It reads: Teddy, Thomas, Tex, Elliot, Jack, Miso, Tecal, Jasmine, Ming, Otto, Maddie.

So the next little while we will try to find ideas for and make little presents for the truly important ones - our many animal friends.

0 comments:

Post a Comment