first days

Yesterday I took my daughter Addie to her first day of preschool. She's been talking about and asking to go to preschool every single day for months and months. I finally got off my procrastinating butt and enrolled her. She did very well - a little bit too well!

I wasn't really expecting a three year old to want so strongly to go to school. I guess... that she's ready, but I kind of am not. It's actually quite hard for me to type this without tearing up. It is a menancholy happiness.

I took these photographs of Addie just before we left for her school, and it was really hard to capture one where she wasn't wiggling and dancing around so excitedly! When we got to school, she skipped on in and got right to it. I stayed and hung around for the whole class (feeling kind of silly) but just wanting to make sure she would be ok. She was.

This past week I have been feeling, and hoping, to begin to get back on my feet. The past several months have been filled with many moments of joy and anticipation, but also filled with so much sickness and frustration. I have been struggling every day with the severe morning sickness, and I really wouldn't wish this on anyone. I am now over 12 weeks pregnant, and hoping that maybe I will begin to feel a bit better in the coming month.

And so, we are expecting another little one to come to us this coming spring. And sending wishes out into the universe for this baby to be healthy and strong. For the birth to go smoothly and safely. And for all to be well.

0 comments:

Post a Comment