taking it easy

The past few months I have been feeling very sick. I am so weary of it. I think that I'm a reasonably healthy person... no smoking, drugs, caffeine or glucosey drinks, only a glass of red wine every so often. Drink lots of fresh lemon water and herbal teas. Eat loads of organic fruits and veggies, rarely meat and when do it's almost always good quality local and organic. Eat lots of whole grains. Walk or hike every day, of course but I could get more exercise - am working on that. Could get better sleep but what mama couldn't? So what's my problem? Why have I been sick so often the past while? Why do I look and feel like I am 5 months pregnant all the time? It is very annoying.

My doctor finally diagnosed me with having a stomach infection due to having contracted Helicobacter pylori bacteria - which apparently is pretty common although I had never heard of it. Despite years of stomach problems, I was so surprised at this - I had thought that I was either really run down, pregnant, anemic or had some sort of thyroid issue - so I didn't really think of or research this bacteria and now suddenly I'm on a rather rigorous antibiotical treatment. Eight huge pills a day, leaving me dizzy, exhausted, and with a going-on-day-seven severe migraine. And a weird rash all over most of my body. I am thankful that I am still nursing Adelaide, because we've been spending a lot of time lately, lying together in the dark.

But, today is my last day of the awful pills! I can only hope that it worked and the bacteria is gone. My god, I hope so. So I can move on and work on building up my stomach with good things.

I am posting this not to simply to whine or for pity, but because I am looking for answers. I am hoping that someone out there might have a little advice on these things. Have you ever had this type of problem? Do you know anything about stomach bacteria, good and bad? Have you ever taken and can recommend a type of probiotic? Where do I go from here?

ps. oh, and! appologies to everyone of my past customers who have entered my giveaway for the card sets. It is so nice to hear from all of you! I haven't forgotten, and will select some winners in the next few days or so. Thank-you for your patience and understanding. xo sharilyn

0 comments:

Post a Comment