a wedding invitation


Our good friends Ivy + Ryan are going to be married this Sunday. I don't have a whole lot of my own income these days, so as a gift I offered to help them with their wedding invitation. 

Ivy and Ryan are such a very sweet couple who have a love of modern classic styling and furnishings, so I hoped to make an invitation for them that reflected these things. We also wanted the invitation to be simple and classic, and easy to produce on their own.


I designed the invitation completely in Adobe Illustrator (the typefaces are Didot and Century Gothic). Ivy and Ryan printed them out on ribbed card stock on their large epson printer. We then cut them using new sharp exacto blades, a straight edge and large cutting mat, scored them using a fiskars rotary cutter with a scoring blade, and rounded all the corners using my industrial strength corner rounder.

I also made up a matching ivy*ryan wedding logo and ordered online an embosser from custom stamp and engraving, who are totally amazing and I recommed highly! I emailed them a file, called them about it, and the very next afternoon had a perfect custom embosser in my mailbox. Love them. 


So ivy*ryan was embossed on the outside flap of the invitation envelopes. Everything ended up looking simple and nice, and the embosser is something that Ivy and Ryan can use beyond these invitations throughout their lives together.

0 comments:

Post a Comment