a farm day

Recently, we all visited Maplewood Farm in North Vancouver. I had never heard of the place before reading about it a little while ago on Ella's Little Red Caboose, and I've wanted to take Adelaide there ever since! However, I haven't had a chance to as I don't drive and its a little out of the way for us, transit-wise. Then one day Charles had the afternoon off from work, and so we all went!



What a lovely spot! All of us had such a sweet visit, we met tiny baby goats and a 10 day old baby calf (we voted to name her Marmalade). We trailed after groups of baby ducklings, patted rabbits, we checked out the goats being milked, and we waved up at the huge Belgium Draft Horses too.



But our favourite was visiting all of the sheep and goats - I never realised how lovely sheep and goats could be! I love the way they would come up to me and simply lean on me - so cozy. Addie patted each one of them very purposefully, and when we finally left their pen, they all started moaning and bleating away at us, like: "hey where you going! come on back to us!"



On our drive to the farm, we also made a stop to pick up some drinks and to prolong Addie's sleep in the car. I spotted a little quilting shop to check out though I wasn't expecting much. I usually find quilting shops always carry the same things - mainly fabrics that would appeal (I am making a huge assumption here) to an older market. However, I was nicely surprised at the selection of fabric this little shop had, and picked up a nice little stack as a treat for myself. So if you're ever passing by, Creative Edge Quilting & Sewing on Old Dollarton Road in North Vancouver may be worth a peek!



Oh how I love fabrics, they make me happy! I don't have a lot of spare time these days to sew, but recently I have finally set up a permanent sewing area at home by deconstructing a closet. Sometimes when I get a moment, I dash in there and sew a seam or two. I will take a photograph of my sewing area one of these days and show you what I've been up to in there...

0 comments:

Post a Comment