rainy day

It is an ugly grey and wet day today. It feels like October and we are hiding indoors. Here are a few photographs that I've taken around the house today, while Addie sleeps.

dish wall by you.

I put up these Ikea wall shelves in our kitchen and use them to store our dishes and plates. I have a thing for white dishes and always keep a look out for them on sale. I just realised that none of these things on the shelves match, but I got them all at a discount! The plates were less than $2 each, and the ceramic mugs for .49 cents each. 

These shelves help our a lot with our kitchen, which is large by Vancouver standards (You can eat in it!!!) but still pretty small storage-wise. Our kitchen - like our entire house when we bought it - was a horrible builder's beige (70's pantyhose beige) so I painted it a warm white (Grand Teton by Benjamin Moore) to brighten it up. It looks amazingly better and much more bright and refreshing. I also added a pantry, ceiling dish rack, wall coat hooks, and a bulletin board area to help keep everything sorted out. I will take some more photos one day when everything else is clean and organised!

yellow + orange by you.

I've been making a quilt in yellow and orange and grey and turquoise. I've been attracted to triangle quilts for some time now so finally decide to make one myself. I found some great little purl bee right angle triangle tutorial to help out. My triangles are made from 4" squares, and I plan on putting a (2" or so?) muslin border between each square rather then sewing them together directly side by side. I adore quilts with a lot white space. (Perhaps, a Robertson Family Quilt is next? I love it!)

found paper treasures by you.

And, here are some paper treasures that I found on our recent trip to Port Townsend. Vintage Journals and ledgers and glassine sheets and other lovelies. Of course I couldn't resist and bring these home with me. Perhaps they will end up in someone's pocket book someday. I especially love the vintage "mother" wrapping paper, this one I will keep always for me...

... p.s. this is what happens when I try to blog and do not give my child direct attention for just a few minutes. And the reason why I don't have more photos of my kitchen storage solutions to show you at the moment!!!

while distracted by you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment