The Swing

Addie has reached that point in childhood where her one of her very favourite things is to do is to swing. Luckily for her, the neighborhood we moved to this past winter seems to have at least one or two homemade swings up on every block. We will often spend our afternoons walking and discovering new swings. Addie is very enthusiastic about trying and critiquing each and every one, and by this time she definitely has her favourites. Many times I will have to walk strategically if I ever want to get anywhere!



Here is Addie on her very favourite swing of all... (so far!)



Partly because of Addie's current affection for swinging, and partly because Julie Morstad is one of my very favourite artists, I knew the very instant I saw her new book that I would just love it! "The Swing" is full of Julie's beautiful illustrated interpretations of Robert Louis Stevenson's classic poem, and it is so beautiful. Perfect for any child.





0 comments:

Post a Comment