The fabric of life



I have been looking through textile collections in various museums for a personal project, and when I came across these exquisitely embroidered pieces at V&A, I just had to share them with you. I can not resist old, vintage fabric and get completely mesmerized by the skill that must have gone in to create that piece of art. I imagine the stories and the history associated with each piece of textile - the loom, the weaver, the embroider, the person who wore it, how it was used - it's just fascinating to think of the memories that any piece of fabric holds. 

Tell me how you like some of my favorite picks and do browse through the entire online collection available at Victoria and Albert Museum in London.







[All images: From the textile collections at V&A]

0 comments:

Post a Comment