in a little girl's room

Today Adelaide and I are puttering around the house, wondering what the day will bring us. The light is so pretty that I took these photographs of Addie hanging out in her bedroom.

This room seems to sum her right up. What-you-see-is-what-you-get. Bright and happy and cute and a little girlie but not too girlie. Simple but eclectic, full of surprises. Often neat and tidy yet always filled with favourite things. So much like her.

Our house is small, this room is tiny, and I often wish for a bit more space for us to breathe. But space aside, my hope with our home is create a place where we all - her especially - can thrive and grow and find peace and inspiration and comfort. And above all, happiness.

note: The framed posters shown here are by Japanese illustrator Shinzi Katoh. I mail-ordered them by phone from Penelope's in Chicago a few years ago now, so I don't think they have them available anymore.

The paint colour in this room is a custom colour I had up for my former studio years ago, and I've used it ever since. I love this colour, it is mellow yet happy, perfect for her room. You can find out more information about it here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment