{hot color combo for 2010}

Pantone LLC has crowned Pantone 15-5519 Turquoise as the Color of the Year for 2010, and while this is probably old news to many of you, one of the most popular color combinations of the year was a surprise to me! I was reading a lovely post by Tobi Fairley, where she mentioned turquoise and orange were the hot colors of the season. I then realized that without being conscious of it, I had tons of turquoise and orange spaces saved in my inspiration files! Amazing how we can be influenced without even realizing, isn’t it? Pantone’s decision is probably the reason why I recently added turquoise accents to my own living room.

Pantone explained that the color "inspires thoughts of soothing, tropical waters and a comforting escape from the everyday troubles of the world."

A coincidence during a time of recession? I think not.

Ann Mack of the creative agency JWT predicted:"Saturated carnival colors - blues, oranges, greens and yellows - will replace 2009's paler palette; think Cirque du Soleil and Alice in Wonderland."

The turquoise and orange combo fits this description perfectly!







via Homes & Gardens








I love the variety of styles created with the same color palette: everything from the relaxed beach cottage feel to tufted tailored glamour! And one thing pops up consistently in each of these rooms; white! I think the touches of white {whether through accessories, furnishings, or on the walls} does so much to enhance the palette. One thing’s for sure…whether bold and punchy, or soft and subtle, I am loving this color combo!


0 comments:

Post a Comment