packaging, and travelling



I constantly have all of these little ideas that I have scribbled in notebooks or on scraps of paper, or simply lingering on in the back of my brain. It seems, however, that if I ever do get around to putting these ideas to practice, it is many months or even years later!

One of these little notions of mine is to update all of my products that use any plastics in their packaging. This requires a bit of creative problem solving but here is my updated packaging for my address file +30 card packs. I used pieces of tracing paper to wrap the stacks of cards, and designed up a sticker to fasten them shut. Its a nice way to show off some off the different patterns of the cards inside. I also used this similar solution with my paper samplers as well.



Last week I received an email from a prop buyer, who is working on a movie being filmed here in Vancouver called Travelling, which stars Jennifer Aniston and Aaron Eckhart. She was looking for some special papers for a scene in the film that has something to do with Aniston's character having a wooden box filled with romantic quotes, or something. Of course I was happy to go through my stash to put together approximately 500 3x5"ish sized random papers (stacked, tied, and shown here). The prop buyer also mentioned that she wants to sneak my little address file into the movie scenes of Aniston's flower shop. It will be neat to see if the file or the papers work out and make it into the film!

0 comments:

Post a Comment