learning to just let go

I have found that one of the most marvelous aspects of motherhood, is how it forces me to just let go.

I hope that I can remember this, and always carry it with me - what my babies have taught to me:

That a life lived simply is a life full of peace, and calm, and joy.

- - - - -

It took my cat Elliot about 6 months before he would even go in the same room as Adelaide when she was a baby. This time around with Reid, the love was immediate. Elliot has learned where the sweet stuff is! And if Reid ever struggles or cries, both of my cats come running to find me, their eyes huge with concern. They are my baby whisperers.

- - - - -

As an after thought, I only now just realised that my baby boy is surrounded in lovely hand-made things in these photographs. Isn't it true, that items that are made with love and care are the most beautiful and become the most loved and cherished?

The white, red, and blue quilt Reid is lying on is a quilt which I made for my daughter. I have begun the "twin" to it for Reid now as well. I am fortunate to have a lovely knitter next-door-neighbour, and she hand knit Reid's beautiful sweater just for him - lucky boy! And, many years ago, my friend Megan made my baby-to-be this lovely little green baby blanket. It ended up becoming my daughter's favourite blanket and was oh-so-well-used and well-loved. Now Reid is loving this special little blanket, too.

Elliot loves anything lovely and handmade and will cuddle up with these blankets specifically, any chance he can get... and my cat Jack adores bathing Reid's beautiful hand-knit sweater! I have a theory that pets can pick up the love + care vibes in wonderful handmade things, and they are drawn to them. Just like us.

0 comments:

Post a Comment