a thousand tiny stitches


My uncertain days with a new baby are beginning to settle down, and I find my thoughts turning more and more to my creative projects, and how I can get to them and balance parenting without making a mess out of both my projects and my children!


When the weather is chilly I always seem to crave the comfort of working on my quilting projects. But this summer, too, has been so cold and grey that I have found myself turning to this work-in-progress quilt. Often, when I can grab a few moments, I will spread it out and stitch even just a few dozen more stitches. I find comfort in this - the repetition of the stitches always seems to calm me.


It is a pleasurable task, but I still find myself wishing that I could just finish this quilt already! I am so looking forward to washing and spreading this baby out on my bed. Despite Adelaide's insistence that this quilt is hers - this one is for me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment