pink

Lately Adelaide and I have been the happiest when we head out into the city for day-long adventures. We take the bus downtown and will spend all day wandering the seawall, having lunch together at favourite yummy spots, perhaps pausing for our favourite hot chocolate, hitting a few shops or bookstores or the Aquarium. Many times we will visit our friends Tristan and Isolde at Lost Lagoon and the amazing Blue Heron nesting site. And often on our days out we will stop by a business-end flower vender for 3 bunches of tulips for $5.

The only problem is that, with dozens of amazing and wonderful colours to choose from, Adelaide will only ever let me buy pink tulips. Pink! PINK! PIIINK! She will moan and I really don't have a choice but the pink... some fights just aren't worth fighting.

Pink. I always thought that - maybe - my little girl may be one who adores another hue. I've surrounded her with, encouraged, and shown her a whole world of colours, but she will pick pink most every time. Perhaps this will change some day, but for now, my Adelaide is just one more little girl who loves pink.

0 comments:

Post a Comment