keeping it simple

Recently, it seems as though our days have been blurring together, just a little bit. But I feel happy. Inside of me. I think that there may be a 'secret' to life - unique to everyone. My secret may just be to keep it simple. Too bad it only took me three decades to figure that one out! So here we are, happily keeping it simple.

Recently, I heard non-stop chattering coming from downstairs, and when my curiousity finally got to me, I came down to find Adelaide "reading" to Elliot. See how he arches his tail back around her? His bent under front paw? The goofy grin on his face? It's love.

I love it how these two are good together... Adelaide and Elliot are almost always together, and they seem to be able to, somehow, bring the best in each other.

Now that our television is (still, very much, maybe even forever!) broken, Adelaide's desire to do her daily paintings has returned with a vengeance. She had stopped for some time, but she is once again painting about an hour almost every day. She calls it her "work" and she is very serious about her work!

I love sitting back and watching her. Often she will give funny commentary to her paintings. Make up stories, sing her funny songs, or often repeat "I am an Artist!" over and over again.

...It's pretty peculiar, how the time change has left me feeling today. I feel so worn out and so groggy! Only one lousy hour ahead, but already it is almost 3 o'clock and Adelaide and I are both still in our pyjamas. And for all my persuading, I can't seem to trick Addie into crawling back into bed with me for some snoozing. She's getting too smart for me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment