Adelaide's cupcakes

This photograph was taken on the morning of Addie's third birthday. The sun was shining so warm and brightly in our kitchen, Grandma and Grandpa were visiting, and we had tea and sweet cupcakes to share. And still she would not smile even a just a little for me and my camera!

Adelaide requested cupcakes many, many times for her birthday, and so I - spotting a gluten-free mix at the market - was inspired by and made these ones in miniature. They turned out far better than I expected, yummy, light and moist. No one could even tell that they were gluten-free, and, oh my was it ever nice for me to eat a cupcake once again!

After mixing up and baking the cupcakes, Adelaide and I were inspired and so we decided to make some little cupcake flags together. She art directed (barked orders at) me for the colours and patterns, I cut them out, she glue-sticked them, and we folded them over the sticks together. She's getting quite good with her little fingers - soon I'll be able to really put her to work for me!

Addie and I would like to share our cupcake flags, so that of you wish you can make some of your own. Here is a .pdf file for you to download and print out. They are quite simple and only require cutting, toothpicks, a gluestick, and little bit of time to make.

You may download the file here:

lovely_cupcake_flags.pdf

From the template: These little cupcake flags are simple but they can make homemade cupcakes even nicer. They are perfect for a child’s birthday, shower, picnics, or any other occasion. I used these flags for mini-cupcakes, but if you wish you can scale them to any size. You can also use a flag as a template to cut and make flags from other papers, such as recycled wrapping paper, wallpaper, magazines, maps, or security envelopes. Or maybe even scraps of cute fabrics!

Adelaide and I very much hope that you like them, please let us know!

0 comments:

Post a Comment