back at it, and better homes

Every year after Christmas I am left with the knowledge that I never, ever, want to make and sell anything ever again! This has lasted with me for the traditional couple of weeks but now, and now once again I have begun to feel mellowed and am easing myself back into working whenever I can get a chance.

Saturdays are my day off while Adelaide visits with her Grandparents, and so I get to... work! But it feels good. To be here, in studio on a grey and drizzly day, puttering around, tidying up, making up address files and card packs and packing orders. And I honestly feel like right now, at this moment, there is no place I'd rather be.

I am taking a little break from making stuff here, and so I thought it would be nice to say hello to all of you once again. Hi! How are you doing? I hope that you all had marvelous holidays and a even more marvelous Season of Sloth!

I myself did quite well - for I have been given the best christmas present a mom could ever get - Adelaide suddenly has begun sleeping heavily all night long, without so much as a peep! Wow, I was absolutely giddy as I just typed that. Now, if only I could start sleeping through the night things would be just about perfect.

I have been wanting to share with you all that our family home is featured in the current (January) issue of Better Homes and Gardens Magazine. Here are some photos of the magazine article.

The team that was here did a few minor switches of moving a book or chair here or there, but it is difficult to stage scenarios with a toddler and two cats, and so the photos with us in them are pretty realistic. (We have no make-up or special wardrobes on, just what we happened to be wearing.) Adelaide was pretty shy and was a little bit sick on the first day of shooting. Elliot was in heaven and would just lie himself smack dab in the middle of every shot (except when we wanted him to). And Jack never even showed his even face once. Most of the time if the photographer - Bill Holt - saw us doing something he liked, he would just grab his camera and quickly take some photographs while he had the chance!

But I think that the team who worked on the feature did a wonderful job of showing how things are around our place and it is lovely to have a memento of this time in our lives together, forever.

0 comments:

Post a Comment