two more shelves of our house

Here are a couple more shelves of our house that somehow I forgot about last time...

These little wooden shelves used to hang in my studio before we switched the rooms around, and were covered in work supplies. They now hang over our big bed, and I have filled them with nice things that are lovely to spot when we wake up in the morning.

The little wooden pegs which hang underneath the bottom shelf were so handy to hang aprons, scissors, or rulers, but I wasn't sure what to do with them once they were just above our bed. As I stood back pondering what to hang on them, Adelaide promptly skipped by me and hung up one of her little necklaces. I wonder how long it will take before she is nonchalantly outsmarting me on a daily basis? So now these little pegs are always strung with her little necklaces and bracelets, and always the little bag that I made for her birthday. It is such a perfect spot to hang her treasures.

dish wall by you.

I put up these wall shelves in our kitchen and use them to store our dishes and plates. They help out emmensely in creating more storage space in our little kitchen, and being out in the open, they force me to keep our things tidy. I saved the cabinets with doors for such things as vitamins, small cooking ingredients, and snacks which I find are much more of a chore to keep organised and looking tidy.

Our kitchen - like our entire house when we bought it - was a horrible builder's beige (70's pantyhose beige) so I painted our kitchen a lovely warm white (Grand Teton by Benjamin Moore) to brighten it up. It looks amazingly better and much more bright and refreshing. I hope to paint our hallways this colour someday, too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment