reader

Yesterday, something happened that made my heart and my head do a flip.

We were working away in my studio, me at my table and Adelaide at hers, When I happened to glance over at her. Oblivous to me, she stopped what she was doing, picked up a metal tin that usually holds her crayons, and pointed with her little finger at a word on it. And begin to move her finger along the word and sound it out.

Suuuuuugraaate-walaaamamayeee-ohaaahuuucke!

oh something.

Well, of course she is much too little, at two years old, to really be reading, but my heart just jumped when I realised that- for the first time in her life - she has recognized words as something to be read, and she is practicing!

I took this photograph directly after, Addie with one of her books in bed. Only this time, she is saying "c'mon mama, read!"

0 comments:

Post a Comment