do paintings, mommy

This girl loves to paint. She is very serious about it! She has made her paintings every single day for months and months - she even insisted on bringing along her paints with us camping this summer, so that she could paint happily in the bushes. And she has her little painting spots set up and all ready to go in several locations around our house... you never know when the urge may strike!

focus by you.

Our small house is beginning to get a little crowded, but the other day I found a beautiful old vintage easel at a thrift shop for $8. I couldn't resist and so I brought it home. So the other afternoon I took some time to set up her lovely new easel. I loaded it up with nice papers, paints, brushes, and fresh water.

Then, without even a blink, she dragged out an old beat up ikea step stool. She carefully set it up, and plopped on down on it school desk style. She got right to work...with her own self-selected painting supplies.

My lovingly prepared easel... ignored!

Perhaps, it will be only just for me.

makeshift desk by you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment