apple tree

A few weeks ago we arrived home from a weekend away. I stepped into the bathroom and spotted something in the bottom of the sink. At first I sighed, thinking that another bug had crawled up the drain for me to take care of. But then I stooped close to take a look, and I saw that it was a little apple seed. I carefully picked it up, and then along came with it, pulled and pulled from way down the drain, a little apple sprout!

I am enamored with this little apple tree. To me it is pretty amazing, that its little seed was somehow dropped in our bathroom sink, and just before the very weekend that we would be away. Three days there gave it just enough alone time, darkness, and dampness to sprout and grow. Any other time and I suppose that it would have simply been washed away.

So I have planted the little apple tree carefully alongside one of my succulents and they sit together in the window sill. And everyday it is growing a little bit more.

Of course, while I was taking some photos of the little tree, Elliot the had to run over and plop himself down right into my shot. So darn nosy! And as always, hoping for some love!

elliot and the little tree by you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment