A home in Bombay


Anavila Sindhu Misra and I have been exchanging creative notes since the time I blogged about her work. We met when she came to Delhi to exhibit her exquisite sarees and fabrics, where she very graciously gifted two handcrafted fabric art works from her studio to me. It was such a pleasure to meet Anavila in person, and as we chatted about our creative likes and dislikes, the blogger in me instinctively knew that her home would be as lovely as her. I pestered her for a home tour, and here we are - the beautiful and distinctive space that Anavila, her husband and their son call home! Anavila also shares her personal style and aesthetics below...






My home style is very India inspired. From the wall art to the textiles, all are craft based, with some occasional picks from travels which I couldn't resist - like the antique gong and bird cage which I bought at an exhibition from a Thai/ Indonesian old couple, who were putting up there lifelong collections for sale.
 



 

Most of the things you see around my house are my own designs and products collected over the last seven years ever since my association with crafts. I go with colors like green, beige, whites for home with little accents of brighter shades. For me, plants are a must and most of my decorations are botanical. 



Home for me is putting together familiar and inspiring things that make you comfortable and happy ! :)


Many thanks Anavila for the lovely home tour!
Looking forward to seeing you and your pretteh textiles in Delhi again soon :)

[All images copyright: Anavila Sindhu Misra and An Indian Summer] 


0 comments:

Post a Comment