Poor Elliot.


I've been noticing more and more that my cat Elliot has been slowing down. The other day I noticed that Elliot hesitated before he struggled to hop off of the couch, and then his rear legs creaked and caught and shook when he stretched his body out across the rug. No one is sure of Elliot's exact age (as he was a rescued cat) but seeing his body beginning to creak with arthritis caused me to wonder.. and realise that he is at least eleven or twelve years old now, perhaps older.

adelaide and elliot. by lovelydesign

Elliot has been around since before anyone - anyone being my partner Charles, those pesky kids Adelaide and Reid, and even that other cat Jack. At one time, it was just me and him spending quality time together our tiny one room apartment. I do get the impression very often that poor Elliot is just biding his time, waiting it out. Waiting patiently for the day when all those others are GONE and it's just me and him again... and he won't have to tolerate anyone's love other than his mama's.

Oh, poor Elliot.

0 comments:

Post a Comment