Five years old (today)

Five years old (today) by lovelydesign
When you wake up sun will shine.
We will not go under any cloud.
Let balloons go up in town,
ring out every bell...

Oh, undeserved sweetness and light,
stay by my side.
We will go out in the morning now,
a crown of maple leaves, a crown of flowers
circling your sweet head.

Happy birthday, beautiful,
in the streets of this day
play a song, play a song.


Today my sweet girl Adelaide turns five-years-old, and I've been tearing up all day long.

This birthday has been hitting me hard. I can't shake knowing that my baby is no longer a baby but a kid, growing up and away, faster and faster each day. Somehow I wish I could grab hold of the sweetest moments that we have had together - and bottle them up for to have once again, whenever I need them the most.

But I know that this will never be so, and today, I keep on sniffling away. I miss her already.

It is a melancholy happiness.

p.s. The lyrics above are from the song Happy Birthday, by The Innocence Mission. I believe that Karen Peris wrote the song for her little girl and I think it is just wonderful.

0 comments:

Post a Comment