countdown to kindergarten

I snapped this photograph earlier this week - Adelaide on our front steps, ready to go to her first day back at preschool.

Part of me actually kind of wishes that my kid was one of the little children who clung to their moms on that first day of school - but, um, yeah, not so much. After a little cajoling, I barely managed a wave from her. And my soft-focus day dreams of homeschooling my children - which have lingered in the back of my head since giving birth - have by now completely slipped away. (Almost - maybe Reid will never want to leave me!)

And so, the countdown to kindergarten begins. Often, I am thinking of this. Perhaps I have too much time to think rather than do these days, but the thoughts of my girl and school fascinate me.

I really love hearing schooling stories from around the world. And so, to feed my wonderment, I have three questions for you:

1. How did you choose your child's school?
2. What do you love most about it?
3. What do you not like about it?

0 comments:

Post a Comment