good morning house

Every so often a morning comes when I am too exhausted to get out of bed. (Most often this occurs when I've worked into the wee hours) Sometimes when this happens, I will strongly inform Adelaide that she can either cuddle in bed with me, or go play on her own. Most times she will bring her basket of blocks to bed and she plays so earnestly and builds so elaborately that it's not long before she has me playing, too.

Addie makes the most elaborate and wonderful houses from these simple blocks, often using every single one of them. Her houses inspire me very much.

Here is from this morning... By time it was all built, I was fully awake and both of us were ready to go make breakfast.

p.s.

I found these blocks over a year ago now from a little shop on Pender street in Chinatown, Vancouver - for $1.99 a set of 20 or so. I am sorry but I don't have the name or address - my recollection is hazy by now. I bought them for me thinking that I'd just set them up on a shelf because I think that they are so pretty and cute, but then it turned out that Adelaide loves them and plays with them all of the time. I ended up going back and picking up 5 or 6 more sets, because at that price, I couldn't resist. I have seen similar vintage ones around the internet every so often, but never these exact sets.

Adelaide's collection of wooden people and animals are mostly from Daiso in Richmond (Vancouver area) or from this well-loved yet simple little dollhouse set.

0 comments:

Post a Comment