a november pattern for you

Lately I've been making up lots of patterns. My goal is to make up a selection of pretty, yet simple designs which I can use in my own projects. I've found that making patterns sort of soothing and meditative to me - kind of like quilting by hand. And they are time-consuming, too!

I create my patterns using Adobe Illustrator. I draw simple shapes such as dots, hearts, or stars, and add in any colours which are inspiring me at that particular moment. Then I copy, paste, rotate and reflect away.

I thought that it would be fun to make a new pattern for every month to share with you. Here is my first for the month of November, I was inspired by the colours just outside my window. you may download it here:

pattern_november_2009.pdf

You can print it out, and make lots of nice things. Perhaps a little bit for some christmas cards for your friends, to make spice labels or book labels or such, for scrapbooking, or in collages. Perhaps wrap a small gift for a good friend. Or can print it out on to card stock and make up some nice little gift tags or gift cards. Or collect them up, one from each month and save them for the perfect project - I will try to download another pattern every month.

I sincerely hope you like my patterns very much, and that you can find them useful!

0 comments:

Post a Comment