together, breakfast

One thing that I've learned since becoming a mama is the importance of breakfast. I was never one to stop and eat in the mornings until my girl insisted that we do. I have learned - the hard way - that if I rush her out of bed and miss our morning meal together, than I will pay for it for the the rest of the day. She is a different child when I am stressed and we are rushed.

I consider myself Adelaide's teacher, but in so many ways I have much more to learn from her. Here is one of her lessons to me - to be calm and patient and not to rush things always. Start the day calm. Take some time each morning to lie in bed (together) and consider our day ahead. And have a simple, yet nice, breakfast each morning. It is amazing how much more I get done - and how sweet our days can be - when I take a little time to do so.

0 comments:

Post a Comment