special place

We've recently returned home from a few days away to our favourite place, Port Townsend, which is a sweet little Victorian town on the Washington Coast. We camped in the forest, hiked and berry picked, both cooked and dined with marvelous food, and visited the wonderful farmers market. And, together with Addie flew her first kite!

We had such a wonderful trip that, despite dragging along my camera, I only paused to take just a photos on the ferry ride home. I think we may head back this weekend, if the rain will stop.

The only problem with visiting Port Townsend is that it is one of the few places that I don't ever want to leave. We've visited almost every summer since I was a kid. I'm not sure if this history has something to do with why, but with each visit I feel this strong urge that we should just be there. Unfortunately, it is in a different country which makes that a little complicated. Maybe, somehow, one day?

Which leads me to wonder: are there other special little towns out there? Are there places in the world where you leave your heart each time you visit? And you feel like you would truly rather just be? 

ferry stroll by you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment