the happiest chair

Last week I found myself longing for another chair to use while making stuff, and wondering away on where to find a chair. Then, over the weekend on a whim we stopped at a Value Village and we found this old Danish chair for $9.99. It was a little banged up with a hideous 80's pastel faux velvet upholstered cushion, but just perfect for us.

So we brought it home and I cleaned, removed the seat, and wiped down the teak wood using some orange oil furniture polish. I knew exactly which fabric I wanted to re-cover the seat with: some wonderful lollipop flower fabric I picked up from Leslie's A Little Goodness shop some time ago now. It was so quick and easy to do - I just cut a piece with about 2" extra all around the shape of the seat, eyeballing the print to sit nicely. Then I pulled it real tight and stapled it all around on the underside using a staple gun which I borrowed from my Dad.

All cleaned up, our new little chair is feels so very happy to me - I just love looking and sitting on it. Adelaide calls it the POP CHAIR and she really loves it too - perhaps a little too much - for I keep catching her licking the seat cushion!

happiest chair by you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment