salmonberries


Yesterday Christi and Adelaide and I went salmonberry picking. Having a kid is awesome for berry picking, because you always have plenty of buckets lying around! Salmonberries can be quite tart but they're refreshing and incredibly high in vitamin C and antioxidants. And they are everywhere here on this mountain!

We went for almost three hours and Addie slept most of the time. Julia lent me their Tough Traveler hiking backpack and it's awesome, I think I want to get one for us to use all of the time. Adelaide seems to like being up in it up at everyone's face level, so it's so nice to be able to get some sort of exercise again. Lately Addie won't really sit in the stroller anymore, and she toddles around at about .05 km/h, so I've noticed that I am getting thicker!!!


We haven't officially decided what to do with the salmonberries yet - we want to make perhaps a jam or chutney with them, or maybe even candies! We are just looking for a good recipe still. So we will go picking a few more times and freeze them and to get a good stash before preserving them. If they last that long!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment