breakfast, evening

It is 2:47 am and once again I find myself awake. I despise these nights when I awaken from nowhere with a start, heart racing, head full of ideas, and then cannot seem to fall back to sleep again. So I'm sitting here in the silent darkness and I thought that I'd post some photographs from our days.


Every morning Adelaide and I share a simple meal together. Here is our breakfast from this morning... marmalade on toast, sliced fuji apple, and gouda cheese. I always quickly cut our cheese with a japanese cherry blossom cutter which I picked up a little set of at Daiso a while back. With this it is so quick to slice up some cheese, fruit, or vegetables for Adelaide, and it helps her to eat more. And they also make our meals a little bit nicer, too.


And, an evening in the grass. I love visiting this spot by our house at dusk when the north shore mountains are turning pink by the ending day. The grass here is so very long and green and cool, and Adelaide loves bounding around in it. It reaches far above her head!

The other day when we were here at this spot, a big beautiful barred owl was sitting only a few meters away just peering down at us. Amazing! And then later on we saw her sitting again just outside our living room window. So beautiful. I couldn't help but feel like she was bringing us some sort of good luck. Or maybe she was just thinking that our poor kitties looked kind of tasty - they all ran in real quick!

0 comments:

Post a Comment