on being sick, and sewing trees

The past couple of weeks we have all been sick with some sort of stomach flu bug. First me, then Addie, and now Charles has it too (and pretty much everyone else we know). My poor baby girl, it was the first time she has ever been sick with anything. She had one day and one night of a lot of throwing up, and given that she is a 5th percentile baby for weight, I was a little bit concerned for her. Her appetite has not been the same since and she has barely been eating anything. It's times like these I am very grateful for breastfeeding, as she rarely turns the boobie down. At least I know she's getting something...

I feel like I've been trying so many things to get her to eat more and sometimes I just feel at a loss. If anyone out there reading this has any suggestions or food ideas for getting your toddler to eat, I would very much appreciate hearing them!!!

But, despite the sick and lack of appetite, Adelaide is still my sweet sweet girl.



A little while ago, I saw a photograph online of a quilt which was done in a flying geese pattern in green and white. It reminded me of a lot of little trees all together, and has inspired me to make a tree quilt. I tweaked around a little bit and came up with a pattern, and now I have been sewing up trees whenever I get a moment. The trees are about 2X3" in size and my plan is to place them somewhat randomly throughout the finished quilt, some trees all together and some spreading out and about. I also have thought of having them run from greens to yellows, oranges and reds like the seasons of spring, summer, and fall. But so far I have been only making them in green colours. Here are some of them now:





AND, just what is it with kitties and crafting? Every time I sit down to sew, these two show up. I don't know if they are just nosy, or if the sewing machine gives off some sort of heat, or what! They drive me crazy, but it's gotten to the point where when I head to my making room I catch myself calling out: "Elliot! Jack! Sewing!" Somehow, making no longer feels totally right without their company.

0 comments:

Post a Comment