with the snowy trees



We now have about a foot of snow outside of our door, and the forest is absolutely gorgeous. This is the third or fourth snowfall we've had on the mountain this year so far, but it is the first time that Charles has been home and I could manage my camera without having to lug my wiggling puffy snowsuited child! Adelaide seems to take in the snow with much quiet intensity- and then every once in a while she will let out a determined "BAEH!" at it all. I am so much looking forward to more snowy mountaintop winters with her.

Every so often I glimpse little birds about the snowy trees, and I have become determined to make friends! I hung a bird bell outside on one of the trees, but now I see the chain has broken from the weight. And each time I sprinkle seeds out, they just get covered up with more snow...

0 comments:

Post a Comment