This Diwali..

Get inspired 
By
What is inspiring me these days

Stunning moodboards
To inspire creativity 
And a love for all things beautiful and festive
From me to you

[click to enlarge the pics]

 Love the contemporary twist to the saree/dhoti. Complemented by Lakshmi Ganesh in Madhubani, and a Kutch woman decorating her home

The elegance of subtlety

 Ah! The visual delight of this mood board! Peacock and it's hues in gorgeous forms

The eternal painting by Raja Ravi Varma of Goddess Laxmi, and Hamsa from Morocco, interpreted as the Indian sign of 'blessing' in this mood board. On the left, fresco from Rajasthan with mughal motifs

Rich and edgy textile and fashion, goes well with the simplicity of a traditional puja thaali

Jewel tones, with the woman balancing it out with a simple chiffon saree and silver adornments
[The central image is from The Unreal Bride]

Colors and textures that spell festivity!

 Warm tones of mustard and orange, and the love of Radha and Krishna in this miniature painting

The brilliance of her native jewelry and the twinkle of fairy lights. Diwali is upon us, folks :)

Do tell me how you like the visual inpsiration
And what it inspired you to create :)

On another note:
My dear readers, 'An Indian Summer' has been nominated by the GoodHome India Magazine for their 'Best Blog' category. 
I am mighty pleased for I admire the publication and adore the creative team behind the magazine.

What I need from you is your vote! 
Just click here and 'Like' my pic
(yes, it's on facebook and yes, that's me grinning away in the pic!)

Needless to say, I shall be doing a happy dance with each click :)
Thank you, my dearest folks! Much appreciated!


Oh, and do grab the Femina Issue for Oct 30th, 2013. I have a two page spread on creative ways to do up your home on Diwali. More ideas for Diwali, people! 


[Images from: 1, 2, 3 and Pinterest]


0 comments:

Post a Comment