pieced

pieced by lovelydesign
I've been sewing and quilting up a storm around here lately (so satisfying!). Yesterday I finished machine piecing this child's sized quilt for my little man Reid. It is now ready to be quilted by hand, which should take a year or two to finish. But my goal is to have it done sooner this time around. Fingers crossed!

I wanted Reid and Addie to both always have matching hand made quilts made my their mama, so here I repeated the simple design of the first quilt I made for Addie which I finished many moons ago now. Addie's is made in tomato red and turquoise and she sleeps tucked in under it every night.

I chose greys and yellows for Reid's colourway because Reid was born at the time of year in Vancouver when we are coming out what seems like endless of grey damp and rain. On the afternoon when Reid was born, however, I clearly remember the most brilliant sunshine broke through the clouds and spring seemed to arrive at his birth. A sweet memory, translated into his simple little quilt. And with his laid-back happy personality, Reid will always be my sunny day boy.



I stitched lots of little important things in - cars, trucks, pets, animals, bugs, paper-folded boats. Reid enjoys searching through it and discovering these little treasures. At one time, it seemed rather difficult to find nice fabrics for boys - but that's sure changed over the past few years. I still find most fabrics are geared towards the feminine, but I also find fabrics which suit Reid well all of the time, too.

(I also have many - 100 or so - a bagful - of extra yellow and grey squares cut that are left over. They are 2.5" in size. If you sew and would like them, please let me know and I will send them out to you.) Thank you! The extra squares have now been spoken for.

0 comments:

Post a Comment