framing up birthdays

The past little while I've been tinkering in my daughter Adelaide's bedroom, moving things around, touching up paint, and just fixing it up in general.



I have a goal to make birthday party invitations for my daughter each year, collecting them all up just for her. I've been wanting to frame these invitations all together for a long while now, and so the other night I took a moment to do it, backing them with a pretty piece of neutral linen book cloth. They will hang all together in her bedroom once I've finished fixing it up, and every few years I plan on moving them to a bigger frame, year by year, until she is grown.





This frame of birthdays is so nostalgic and sweet to me. It makes me feel both happy and melancholy a the same time! My only regret is that as a fried new mom, I never made any birth announcements for her... I would have loved to include it, too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment