thirty-four

Today is my birthday, I am now thirty-four years old.

It feels pretty great, I am happy to be here and I don't have any regrets. I don't really want for anything (except for maybe some more and better sleep, and more time!) I have a wonderful man who loves and respects me. A beautiful, happy little daughter. And two fluffy cats who really love me. And I am able to work on my own projects sometimes, too.

Every day still I am approach these days with a bit of trepidation. After many years of darkness, I am always grateful that these sweet days have come to me. But I am careful and I know always that they could, just maybe, end at any time.

But for today, on my 34th birthday, happiness and contentment is with me. Adelaide and I have spent the morning together in our pyjamas, singing along to the songs of my very favourite band The Innocence Mission, and making cupcakes, and working on our fathers-day art projects.

I couldn't even begin to ask for a lovelier birthday gift.

Except for maybe, that some of my happiness and contentment may come to others, too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment