peeking out

There are many days which I know are dark and grey before I even peek out the window. Our house will be gloomy and quiet and solemn and even pulling up the shades doesn't help at all. Many times, this darkness gets caught in my heart and I feel a suffocating weight of sadness which is hard to shake.

Today, woke up and there it was again. The darkened house, a grey and wet morning right outside, and a heavy heart inside. Again. And I have begun - once more - to mentally prepare myself for another long and grey and wet winter here in the Pacific Northwest.

But then there were six sweet chickadees at our feeder, a happily singing little girl, cups of tea (and warm almond milk), many puzzles to be put together, and many paintings to be made. Suddenly, several hours have passed us by. And just while we were looking out into the world, the sun came breaking through the clouds shining brilliantly in on us.

This is the only one I captured, before my camera battery died and I pulled my Adelaide up and out of the cozy cat's bed. We will run out into the bright blue chilly Autumn air to kick up leaves, splash in puddles, and go to eat Phở together.

It turned out to be a lovely day, after all.

How was your day today? I hope that it was lovely, too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment