close to home

The past week or so Adelaide and I have been sticking real close to home - We've been discovering all the ins and outs of potty training. Usually during my days with Addie I try to get her occupied, and sneak in a little bit of work whenever I can. But not this week. Frightened of messing my daughter up with my lack of consistancy and schedule, I've pretty much put my work and anything else aside in order to focus on her and the toilet.

All the while at home I've been keeping us busy with lots of little projects - cleaning the house together, baking cookies and pumpkin loaf, moving furniture around. Addie and I are nesting together. We've also made lots of little tags up, which is one of my projects that Adelaide can actually - kind of - help me out with. She likes to sort out colours, help punch the holes and set the eyelets with the little hammer. it is painfully slow going for me, but she is so persistant and determined to help and do whatever I'm doing. She has an awful lot of focus for a two year old.

little fingers by you.

So the toilet training is going amazingly well, better than I ever expected, and I'm really really proud of her. She's pretty much going on her own and is accident free at home now, and so we've been going on little diaper-less journeys farther and farther away from home.

treasure hunt by you.

Today we headed out together, into the forest to forage for autumn treasures. (And for Addie to practice peeing in the bushes) We had so much fun together, chattering away and giggling like fools together in the forest. Most often, my best moments ever are the very simplest ones spent together with her. It really doesn't take much to have a happy kid (and mama).

first smile by you.

I can see that little daughter is becoming, just a bit little more each day, her very own person. I feel like often I can talk to her on the same level now, explain things to her straight up and she really seems to respond to this. But it makes my heart ache, knowing that these days with her are not going to last forever. And I know it. I wish that there was a way that I could bottle these times up and keep them forever with me for always.

fairy girl by you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment