bug drawing

The other evening it got real quiet in the house, and when I went to take a look, Adelaide was busy picking the wrappers off all of her crayons. She had climbed up on the table and selected and carried down a container full of crayons. She then re-located them to a cozy spot on her sheepskin rug, and proceeded diligently with her work of removing the wrapper off of every single one. Once she had finished, she then collected up all of the little bits of wrappers and placed them all in a jar. A very important task indeed!
adelaide's art tray by you.
adelaide's art tray by you.
I found a big orange round tray at a thrift shop once, and I use it now to keep a big assortment of art supplies displayed nicely. This makes me happy to see, and every once in a while Adelaide will spot them and insist on doing some mark-making. I keep the crayons and pencils simply stored in small repurposed jars, baskets, and paper cups. This makes them easier for Addie to carry around, see, reach for, and select, and also to clean up when the time comes! I also collect any broken crayon bits up and stash them away in a jar in our pantry to make new crayons with.

A little game we've made up together is to make "bugs". One at a time, I will draw circles all over a page, in varying sizes, and ask her to help me fill them in. She really enjoys marking up my circles, and this little game is great for when we're waiting for our meals in a restaurant or even for the bus. I'm also certain it is helping her learn how to write and focus, and her hand-eye co-ordination as well. But really I just also love the results, beautiful little bugs that we've made together!

another collaboration by you.making marks (together) by you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment