good morning


We woke up this morning to a dark, dreary, wet day. Addie and I played in bed for a long while and now we've just finished our long breakfast at 12:20. I'm not sure what to do next today. Because Adelaide has discovered playgrounds and she's wild for them. She'll stand at the window moaning and pointing in the general direction of a playground (there are four playgrounds within a few steps from our door, its kid heaven around here). Yesterday afternoon, mild and sunny, we spent over 2 hours at the playgrounds and I finally had to drag her home. Today is much too cold and wet for playgrounds, but I have a feeling she won't care. And I have a feeling that it is going to be a long, afternoon.

These frames above our bed are filled with some pages from our old "Windy & Friends" calendar. Windy & Friends are a series of wonderful children's books made by some very lovely vancouver-type friends of ours. Addie adores these books, as do I, so over the weekend I finally got off my butt and framed a couple of them out of our old calendar. They are the perfect size in these ikea shadowbox frames and there is even some space for some of Adelaide's found treasures along the bottom ledge. 

Every morning since she wakes with a jump and points up and them and yowls away at them very joyously. They are a happy addition to our good-mornings and good-nights, too!

0 comments:

Post a Comment