two





When I was about 8 months pregnant, I started having night panics regarding my two boys (cats) and our soon-to-arrive baby. I remember being up really late one night in the dark, madly googling away in a panic, trying to find out about cats and babies and if all those silly tales are true. (Those ones about cats loving to snooze on top of sleeping infants faces and such.) I was so uneasy because everytime we brought a new baby item into the apartment, Jack and Elliot would always sleep in or on it: the stroller, the car seat, the crib, the bassinet... on and on. Panic!

Of course, I needn't have worried. The first thing I saw, staggering in the door with my baby for the first time, was Jack and Elliot frozen on the couch, their eyes absolutely huge, their tails even huger. They were terrified! They wouldn't go in the same room as her, never mind sleep on her head.

It has taken months, but more and more now they are all becoming the best of friends. Especially Jack and Adelaide - Jack is completely smitten by her! He loves stroking his tail across her brow to say hi. She squeals with absolute joy when she spots them. And I am a happy mama - I love having my little girl grow up with my beautiful boys.


0 comments:

Post a Comment