tempting fate

Sometimes so much is going on that I am not even sure where to begin.

This past summer my partner Charles and I began to get the urge to make a move in life. We agonized for several months... by making changes, are we being foolish to give up our comfortable and happy lives? Are we tempting fate? Or are we just moving forward, as life should, and living? We contemplated all summer long.

But by October we finally decided to make a leap of faith and list our lovely home for sale on the market. A few weeks later it was sold, and so we spent the next month house shopping. In November we found a charming little heritage house on the east side of Vancouver. By December we bought and passed subjects on the little house. And this January, we will be moving and settling into our new home and neighborhood. Woosh!

So, in the midst of all this, Christmas hasn't really been too much on my mind. It really snuck up on me this year!

This past week I have been attempting to whip out a few home-made presents, baking lots, and making homemade wrapping paper with Addie. We've also been kept busy by our little wild man Reid, who all in the space of 1 week somehow sprouted teeth, learned to crawl, stand, cruise, and notice (terrorize) the poor cats with his shrieks of love and full-body hugs. And in between all the moments I am gathering up moving boxes and beginning to disassemble and pack our lives away.

These are full days. I am looking forward to settling in and sharing more of them with you again, real, real soon.

xox.

0 comments:

Post a Comment