That darn Tooth Fairy

gone! by lovelydesign
Last night, I was sitting up late in our darkened living room, holding my sleeping little boy Reid real tight. Reid is getting his molars and needs a little extra loving. And my heart is breaking that he is less and less a little baby each day, and so I need a little extra loving, too.

And then, out of the darkness and ever-so-softly pads in Addie, her cheeks stained with tears. What the heck is she doing out of bed? She is gripping tightly to her specially-decorated envelope which holds her first tooth ever lost.

"Mama" she sobs, "I don't want the Tooth Fairy to take my tooth away from me. I always want to keep my tooth forever!"

"That's ok", I sigh, my heart aching at her earnestness. "I want to keep your tooth for always, too. Tell you what. Let's keep it. I hear that whole thing's a fraud, and I'll pay you more money for it then that darn Tooth Fairy ever would!"

Win-Win. Addie gets to keep her tooth, and I don't have to spend the next 10 years hiding it from her.

0 comments:

Post a Comment