settling in


These days have alternated between extremely trying moments and oh-so-lovely moments. I've been working on finding and settling us into a new routine, now that I am mostly on my own with my two little ones. I feel apprehensive about typing it here, but the past few days have been becoming calmer and more lovely than trying. (Knock on wood!) I feel hopeful and happy.

Last week was so trying, and I was beginning to lose my confidence and beginning to believe that I would have to survive, rather than thrive, as a parent. And then, somehow, (DUH!) I realised that once again, we had gotten into the T.V. watching rut. An active four year old, and a nursing new baby, and constant rainy cold days were really doing it to me! Like clockwork, Adelaide once again changed from a sweet girl to a miserable one, but it still took me many days to realise that the TV was sucking the sweets out of my little girl. So, I've pulled the plug once more, and almost instantly she is back: more co-operative, happy, able to play on her own and create her own projects. And sleeping much better. Wow, it is always amazing to me the difference between my girl on television and not. It's actually quite shocking.

So, I pulled the plug on Sunday, no TV at all, and by today, Thursday, life is pretty good again. (Although, a couple of times, Addie and I have watched a cooking show together. Cooking shows seem to only really inspire both Adelaide and I to get crafty in the kitchen, which is a good thing!)

And, my little Reid... sometimes I feel like I barely know this little guy! He is very serious and mellow and very sweet and very gassy! I've really had to watch for him, moniter his latch, watch my diet, burp him constantly, massage him, listen to him grunt and groan for hours. Adelaide was never gassy at all, so this is all new to me. I am a little concerned about his digestion, and am hoping that it will settle down with some time. Poor little man.

But today, I am hopeful, and I am happy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment