(almost) ready for the tiny stitches

I have been craving much to sew and to quilt all winter long. But only now that it's spring - and sunny and warm outside - I finally got a moment to finish piecing together my Autumn quilt top. I only need to pick up some more ivory fabric with which to add a border, and then all of the thousands of the tiny stitches will begin.

It would be nice to have this quilt finished, all cozy and ready for when Autumn and all of it's grey and cold return later this year. I am hoping, but I know full well that likely I'll be working on this quilt for a long time to come.

But being in the hand-quilting phase gives me permission (in my own head) to begin on another very special quilt which I've had floating around in my brain - and on scrap papers - for a long time now. If I can bear to make the first cut!

0 comments:

Post a Comment